Saturday, December 24, 2011

Essie Luxeffects: perfect sparkle for the new year

There is nothing I love more than a new nail polish collection! Essie Luxeffects has been all over my favorite magazines, but seem to always be sold out when I go to purchase them. I went back to Virginia Beach to visit my parents for break, and my treasured Ulta store had the entire collection in stock! Talk about a Christmas miracle! I couldn't resist myself...despite dirty looks from Ulta customers and having to hide form the Ulta staff, I tested each shade! They are fabulous! The texture and consistency is perfect, they are a little bit on the thicker side, but that is necessary for a shimmery top coat. They are all sheer, but I am sure if you loaded on four of five coats you could get a more opaque shimmer. Here are the shades!
"Shine of the Time" - Not my favorite. It is a little hieroglyphicy, and reminds me of a reptiles skin. I put all of my shades on top of a black coat, but I think this polish would look a lot better on a lighter color.  

"Set in Stones" - Super chunky flecks of silver glitter. 

"As Gold As It Gets" - LOVE this. Super multidimensional, a sheer gold shimmer. It is a LOT less gold in real life.

"A Cut Above" - Chunky pink glitter, looks great on black!

"Pure Pearlfection" - My absolute favorite. This is a gorgeous pearly topcoat, it's super subtle.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment